Springer School and Center, the #1 resource for learning disabilities in the region, is currently accepting applications for the following positions.
Descriptions for each position can be found below.
Applying for a Position: Complete application packets typically include a cover letter, resume and Springer employment application and should be emailed to email@example.com. Details about steps to apply are included in each Position Vacancy Announcement. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
- Center Director: The Center Director is responsible for executing, educating and impacting the internal and external community’s understanding of learning disabilities. This includes program development and implementation, acting as a resource for the general community, and providing oversight and guidance regarding programming for parents, students and professionals. The Center Director ensures programs and programming are in clear alignment with Springer’s mission and core values. The Center Director will actively forecast and establish a schedule of programs and events, determine programming and manage center staff. Review the full Center Director Position Vacancy Announcement here.
- Lower School Teacher: Lower School Teachers are responsible for leading the growth and development of Springer students. Teachers are responsible for planning, executing, and differentiating instruction on a daily basis. Typically in classrooms of 14 students or less, Teachers are supported by an Instructional Assistant and lead large and small group instruction. Review the full Lower School Teacher Position Vacancy Announcement here.
- Lower School Instructional Assistant: Lower School Instructional Assistants are paired with a classroom teacher to support student academic, social, and behavioral plans as determined by the classroom teacher, department, team and/or organization in ways which are consistent with Springer’s mission, values, and best practices. Review the full Lower School Instructional Assistant Position Vacancy Announcement here.
- Substitute Teacher "Springer is a very welcoming, friendly place to work. The kids are great to work with - they are there to learn. There is always another teacher in the room, so you are never without support. Springer is a low-stress place to be a substitute teacher!" ~ Mary, Springer Substitute Teacher
Currently seeking Substitute teachers to work across all levels and subjects on an as needed basis. Daily rate is $105. Experience teaching students with learning disabilities preferred. Please submit copy of current teaching certificate, license, and/or verification of undergraduate degree with application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are mission focused, all working toward the same purpose, guided by clearly articulated values. All efforts are focused on individuals with learning disabilities.
- We operate with the philosophy of teamwork. Board, staff, parents and students are active partners in executing our mission. There is a feeling of openness and trust among all stake holders.
- We are an ever evolving, researched-based faculty with a strong emphasis on using state of the art instruction and best practice in our work with children.
- As a vital member of this energetic community, each staff member is respected and valued for his/her individual contributions to the efforts of a multidisciplinary team on behalf of children. There is academic freedom to problem-solve with team members around the academic and social issues of a child; there is latitude in the approaches to instructional/behavioral issues, not a prescribed approach or prohibitive channels. There are few bureaucratic constraints.
- In our nurturing and stimulating environment, there are opportunities for personal and professional growth, for developing creativity and sustaining close relationships within the community. There is a strong system of support for continued growth and development.
- Staff members are empowered to influence many aspects of school life and to contribute to the development of school policies and practices. There is an easy access to administrators - all ideas are entertained. Staff gets to know Board members and, through opportunities such as committee work, their input is considered in decision making processes.
- There is opportunity to work on teams, with colleagues who are highly competent, passionate about teaching and learning, high performing, productive and energetic, with strong work ethics.
- School size and small student-to-teacher ratio guarantees that every child is considered individually. All academic and social interventions are child-focused, developmentally appropriate, not curriculum driven. There is easy access to multi-sensory, instructional resources as well as supplies. In this environment, staff can truly make a difference in children’s lives.
- Desire, not obligation, is the independent school teacher’s motivation for staying after school to plan instruction, meet with team members to problem-solve around student needs and dialogue with parents.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.