Springer School and Center, the #1 resource for learning disabilities in the region, is currently accepting applications for the following positions.
Descriptions for each position can be found below.
Applications must include: a cover letter, resume and the Employment Application.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Employment, Springer School and Center, 2121 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH 45208
Please no phone calls
Springer School and Center is looking for an Occupational Therapist to support our students during a current faculty member’s maternity leave. The approximate dates for employment would be October, 2018 through January, 2019.
Springer School and Center, Greater Cincinnati's only independent school entirely dedicated to serving children with learning disabilities, is currently seeking an Occupational Therapist to work with students ages 11-14. The Occupational Therapist provides diagnostic assessment and therapeutic intervention. The service delivery model includes individual and small group work with an additional emphasis on collaboration within the classroom.
We invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of our community by submitting a cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be found at the link above.
- Provide diagnostic assessment of student needs.
- Deliver services through individual, small group, and collaborative classroom work.
- Collaborate with colleagues about the academic and personal development of the students assigned to the team.
- Model, promote, and support expectations outlined for team members.
- Occupational Therapy License.
- Concentration or experience working with students ages 11-14.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and resources.
- Extensive skills in diagnostic assessment, and team/parent collaboration.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to advance the mission of Springer School and Center.
"Springer is a very welcoming, friendly place to work. The kids are great to work with - they are there to learn. There is always another teacher in the room, so you are never without support. Springer is a low-stress place to be a substitute teacher!" ~ Mary, Springer Substitute Teacher
Currently seeking Substitute teachers to work across all levels and subjects on an as needed basis. Daily rate is $105. Experience teaching students with learning disabilities preferred. Please submit copy of current teaching certificate, license, and/or verification of undergraduate degree with application and resume to email@example.com.
- We are mission focused, all working toward the same purpose, guided by clearly articulated values. All efforts are focused on individuals with learning disabilities.
- We operate with the philosophy of teamwork. Board, staff, parents and students are active partners in executing our mission. There is a feeling of openness and trust among all stake holders.
- We are an ever evolving, researched-based faculty with a strong emphasis on using state of the art instruction and best practice in our work with children.
- As a vital member of this energetic community, each staff member is respected and valued for his/her individual contributions to the efforts of a multidisciplinary team on behalf of children. There is academic freedom to problem-solve with team members around the academic and social issues of a child; there is latitude in the approaches to instructional/behavioral issues, not a prescribed approach or prohibitive channels. There are few bureaucratic constraints.
- In our nurturing and stimulating environment, there are opportunities for personal and professional growth, for developing creativity and sustaining close relationships within the community. There is a strong system of support for continued growth and development.
- Staff members are empowered to influence many aspects of school life and to contribute to the development of school policies and practices. There is an easy access to administrators - all ideas are entertained. Staff gets to know Board members and, through opportunities such as committee work, their input is considered in decision making processes.
- There is opportunity to work on teams, with colleagues who are highly competent, passionate about teaching and learning, high performing, productive and energetic, with strong work ethics.
- School size and small student-to-teacher ratio guarantees that every child is considered individually. All academic and social interventions are child-focused, developmentally appropriate, not curriculum driven. There is easy access to multi-sensory, instructional resources as well as supplies. In this environment, staff can truly make a difference in children’s lives.
- Desire, not obligation, is the independent school teacher’s motivation for staying after school to plan instruction, meet with team members to problem-solve around student needs and dialogue with parents.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.