Springer School and Center, the #1 resource for learning disabilities in the region, is currently accepting applications for the following positions.
Marketing and Communication Intern
Descriptions for each position can be found below.
Applications must include: a cover letter, resume and the Employment Application.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Employment, Springer School and Center, 2121 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH 45208
Please no phone calls
Marketing and Communication Intern
Hours: Part-time (20 hours per week) for 10 to 12 weeks; set hourly rate of $10 per hour.
Springer School and Center is looking for a marketing and communication intern to provide support for a wonderful community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Springer is a caring, fast-paced workplace in Cincinnati’s Hyde Park neighborhood.
Primary duties include:
- Assists in the development of a master communication plan.
- Participates in media relations initiatives, including writing and distributing press releases, media inquiries, etc.
- Assists with managing the social media campaign.
- Writes and edits articles for the Springer blog, publications and website.
- Assists with the planning and execution of special events.
- Monitors competitors’ marketing initiatives.
- Assists with video creation.
- Works with the graphic designer on projects.
- Supports projects being carried out by other employees in the Communication and Development offices as needed.
Key characteristics include a strong attention to detail, proven ability to multi-task and follow through on a variety of complex projects, skilled time management, outstanding communication skills (interpersonal, email and phone), proven ability to collaborate effectively with others, strong organizational skills and a working knowledge of social media platforms.
Qualifications: Candidates should hold a high school degree or GED, preferred sophomore or junior college students pursing a Public Relations, Marketing and or Communications major or related degree. Preferred experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
We invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of our community by submitting a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “Marketing Intern”.
"Springer is a very welcoming, friendly place to work. The kids are great to work with - they are there to learn. There is always another teacher in the room, so you are never without support. Springer is a low-stress place to be a substitute teacher!" ~ Mary, Springer Substitute Teacher
Currently seeking Substitute teachers to work across all levels and subjects on an as needed basis. Daily rate is $105. Experience teaching students with learning disabilities preferred. Please submit copy of current teaching certificate, license, and/or verification of undergraduate degree with application and resume to email@example.com.
- We are mission focused, all working toward the same purpose, guided by clearly articulated values. All efforts are focused on individuals with learning disabilities.
- We operate with the philosophy of teamwork. Board, staff, parents and students are active partners in executing our mission. There is a feeling of openness and trust among all stake holders.
- We are an ever evolving, researched-based faculty with a strong emphasis on using state of the art instruction and best practice in our work with children.
- As a vital member of this energetic community, each staff member is respected and valued for his/her individual contributions to the efforts of a multidisciplinary team on behalf of children. There is academic freedom to problem-solve with team members around the academic and social issues of a child; there is latitude in the approaches to instructional/behavioral issues, not a prescribed approach or prohibitive channels. There are few bureaucratic constraints.
- In our nurturing and stimulating environment, there are opportunities for personal and professional growth, for developing creativity and sustaining close relationships within the community. There is a strong system of support for continued growth and development.
- Staff members are empowered to influence many aspects of school life and to contribute to the development of school policies and practices. There is an easy access to administrators - all ideas are entertained. Staff gets to know Board members and, through opportunities such as committee work, their input is considered in decision making processes.
- There is opportunity to work on teams, with colleagues who are highly competent, passionate about teaching and learning, high performing, productive and energetic, with strong work ethics.
- School size and small student-to-teacher ratio guarantees that every child is considered individually. All academic and social interventions are child-focused, developmentally appropriate, not curriculum driven. There is easy access to multi-sensory, instructional resources as well as supplies. In this environment, staff can truly make a difference in children’s lives.
- Desire, not obligation, is the independent school teacher’s motivation for staying after school to plan instruction, meet with team members to problem-solve around student needs and dialogue with parents.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.