Springer School and Center, the #1 resource for learning disabilities in the region, is currently accepting applications for the following positions.
Descriptions for each position can be found below.
Applying for a Position: Complete application packets typically include a cover letter, resume and Springer employment application and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details about steps to apply are included in each Position Vacancy Announcement. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
- Instructional Assistant: Instructional Assistants are paired with a classroom teacher to support student academic, social, and behavioral plans as determined by the classroom teacher, department, team and/or organization in ways which are consistent with Springer’s mission, values, and best practices. Review the full Instructional Assistant Vacancy Announcement here.
- Receptionist: The receptionist establishes a welcoming atmosphere for students, families, and visitors while managing a busy front-office and fielding incoming calls. Review the full Receptionist Vacancy Announcement here.
- Development Coordinator: The Development Coordinator assists and leads a variety of functions in the day-to-day management of the Development Office. Reporting to the Development Director, the coordinator addresses a broad scope of needs related to project management, special event preparation and community engagement. Review the full Development Coordinator Vacancy Announcement here.
- IEP Liaison: The Individualized Education Plan (IEP) Liaison facilitates access to the Peterson Scholarship by collaborating with Springer teachers, Springer therapists and local school districts to ensure compliance and progress monitoring. Review the full IEP Liaison Vacancy Announcement here.
- Facilities Manager: The Facilities Manager maintains the buildings and grounds as well as manages the work of third parties to assure our buildings and grounds are safe, clean and well-maintained. Review the full Facilities Manager Vacancy Announcement here.
- Middle School Director: The Middle School Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the middle school. Reporting to the School Principal, this leader will establish trusting relationships with students, parents, teachers, administrators and staff while developing and refining processes that match the unique needs of Springer. Review the full Middle School Director Vacancy Announcement here.
- Substitute Teacher "Springer is a very welcoming, friendly place to work. The kids are great to work with - they are there to learn. There is always another teacher in the room, so you are never without support. Springer is a low-stress place to be a substitute teacher!" ~ Mary, Springer Substitute Teacher
Currently seeking Substitute teachers to work across all levels and subjects on an as needed basis. Daily rate is $105. Experience teaching students with learning disabilities preferred. Please submit copy of current teaching certificate, license, and/or verification of undergraduate degree with application and resume to email@example.com.
- We are mission focused, all working toward the same purpose, guided by clearly articulated values. All efforts are focused on individuals with learning disabilities.
- We operate with the philosophy of teamwork. Board, staff, parents and students are active partners in executing our mission. There is a feeling of openness and trust among all stake holders.
- We are an ever evolving, researched-based faculty with a strong emphasis on using state of the art instruction and best practice in our work with children.
- As a vital member of this energetic community, each staff member is respected and valued for his/her individual contributions to the efforts of a multidisciplinary team on behalf of children. There is academic freedom to problem-solve with team members around the academic and social issues of a child; there is latitude in the approaches to instructional/behavioral issues, not a prescribed approach or prohibitive channels. There are few bureaucratic constraints.
- In our nurturing and stimulating environment, there are opportunities for personal and professional growth, for developing creativity and sustaining close relationships within the community. There is a strong system of support for continued growth and development.
- Staff members are empowered to influence many aspects of school life and to contribute to the development of school policies and practices. There is an easy access to administrators - all ideas are entertained. Staff gets to know Board members and, through opportunities such as committee work, their input is considered in decision making processes.
- There is opportunity to work on teams, with colleagues who are highly competent, passionate about teaching and learning, high performing, productive and energetic, with strong work ethics.
- School size and small student-to-teacher ratio guarantees that every child is considered individually. All academic and social interventions are child-focused, developmentally appropriate, not curriculum driven. There is easy access to multi-sensory, instructional resources as well as supplies. In this environment, staff can truly make a difference in children’s lives.
- Desire, not obligation, is the independent school teacher’s motivation for staying after school to plan instruction, meet with team members to problem-solve around student needs and dialogue with parents.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.